- 1 (15-oz) can chickpeas (garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed, or 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp canola or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Place the chickpeas between two paper towels and pat them dry, looseningand removing the outer skins (this takes a few minutes, but it’s a great way to get the kids involved). Pat the chickpeas completely dry.
- Whisk the cinnamon and oil in a bowl to combine. Add the chickpeas and stir to coat. Spread the chickpeas on a baking sheet.
- Roast for 40 minutes, or until dried out and crunchy.
- Place the chickpeas in a bowl and toss with the honey.
- Spread the chickpeas on the baking sheet and roast for 7 minutes more.
- Cool completely and serve.
Store in a covered container on your counter for up to 2 weeks.
Makes about 2 cups.
*Original recipe courtesy of Catherine McCord